Our commitments in complaints processing
If you have received unsatisfactory service or have an issue with a policy or process, please contact HSBC so that we may work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
For each complaint, we are committed to:
- Formally acknowledge receipt;
- Provide you with regular updates on our progress in dealing with your complaint;
- Provide you with a response in a defined timeframe;
- Provide a solution to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction;
- Provide you with alternative solutions in the event our response is not satisfactory.
Each complaint is an opportunity for us to improve the quality of our service.
To raise a complaint, you should reach out to your HSBC Branch in the first instance. Your Relationship Manager is the best person to answer your concerns. There are a number of ways for you to contact us:
- Call your Relationship Manager
- Send a letter to: HSBC France, Dublin Branch, 1 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2
- Via secured email IECUSTOMEREXPERIENCE@hsbc.com
Complaint follow-up process:
- An acknowledgment will be sent within 5 business days after receipt of your complaint
- We attempt to investigate and resolve a complaint fully within 40 business days of receipt of the complaint
- Complaints related to payment services will be answered within 15 business days, or within 35 days in exceptional situations, when the response cannot be provided within 15 days for reasons beyond the control of the bank
- If appropriate, you will be kept regularly informed on the progress made in the resolution of your complaint
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our complaints procedure and you wish to pursue the matter further then you may have a right to legal recourse.